QuendeNosse
When registering for this forum, please use your LOTRO QuendeNosse Elf character name as your log in username. Contact admin@quendenosse.com with any questions.

HomeHome  mainmain  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New QuendeNosse Family Tree graphics are here Take a look and leave ideas for you own family tree!
QuendeNosse is now on Crickhollow Server!

Every Monday and Friday night around 9pm Server time (on Crickhollow), Second Breakfast kin hosts a music and dance party open to all Free-peoples of Middle-earth! Monday nights they play at the Bird & Baby in Michel Delving and on Friday nights they play at the Prancing Pony in Bree! Several bands (including our own Imladris Sunset) play regular sets. Come join the fun, dance, clap, cheer, enjoy a drink and revel in the lovely music! For more specific information, please see Durgil Annestel!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 31 on Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:27 pm
Latest topics
» Scion of a Landroval main.
Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:01 am by Nimrielen

» May i have forum access?
Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:55 am by Dirdroren

» Quests from the Wanderer: Tales of a better day to come
Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:31 pm by Sevonis

» Needing more officers for certain time frames
Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:51 pm by Sevonis

» Returning to LOTRO
Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:29 pm by Nimrielen

» Edo's Writing Website.
Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:38 am by Edorenel

» Standing Stone looking to add High Elves
Mon May 29, 2017 2:18 am by Amarniel

» Thank you for the great community!
Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:17 pm by Nimrielen

» Current Issues on Crickhollow
Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:42 pm by Ellewar

Most Viewed Topics
Forum Access Request Info
QuendeNosse Recruitment Info
May i have forum access?
Epic LOTR movie quotes.
Server symbol doesn't work
How lord of the rings should have ended
2014 Dragon Slayer Awards: Cast your Vote before Sept. 1
Deticated to our Kin!!!
lotro parody: 4 tanks and a healer :D
Gandalf style!
October 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Scion of a Landroval main.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ivonwen
Ohtar (0-49 posts)
Ohtar (0-49 posts)

Warden Craft Mastery : Historian : Guild Scholar

PostSubject: Scion of a Landroval main.   Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:01 pm

Her name on Landroval is Ivonwende. That's an unfortunate combination of Sindarin and Quenyan that I cannot fix (unless I want to use a wholly different name, of which she has many, but this way seems to be the best signal for friends)... she's built more lore-accurately on Crickhollow and Laurelin as the High-Elf Ivonwen.

Joining Second Breakfast with Sweetbriar has made me a lot more active on Crickhollow and I'm looking to extend my lore-roots into deeper soil.

I haven't attempted to officially put Ivonwen into QuendeNosse because I'm in the middle of moving and it doesn't seem appropriate to try to form new social connections now when I'm forced to delegate my free time... but I was hoping to be able to dig around the forums a little bit, maybe strike up a casual conversation or two in that fashion.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Nellilthien
Maethor (50-149 posts)
Maethor (50-149 posts)

Champion Craft Mastery : Historian

PostSubject: Re: Scion of a Landroval main.   Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:05 pm

Suilad and thanks for your interest in QN!  Very Happy   Lady Nimrielen is our leader and can get you the access to the forums, tho as a heads up the in game kin is much more active currently then this website. She doesn't check this every day, so you might be able to send her a direct message to get her attention. If you haven't heard from her or something, or as a guest are unable to message her, feel free to let me know and I can track her down for you.  Smile

-Nellilthien, one of the QN officers
Back to top Go down
Sevonis
Ohtar (0-49 posts)
Ohtar (0-49 posts)

Minstrel Craft Mastery : Tailor

PostSubject: Re: Scion of a Landroval main.   Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:02 pm

lol sounds like you have your hands full. Second Breakfast was the second kin I found when I started this game.. Alot of wonderfull people are apart of that kin. Im glad your keeping an eye on QuendeNosse. We are one of the very very few kins that are exclusively elven. In fact I cant think of any other off the top of my head.

Moving around is a pain. Ive done that way to much. Where ya moving from and to?

Sevonis
Back to top Go down
Ivonwen
Ohtar (0-49 posts)
Ohtar (0-49 posts)

PostSubject: Re: Scion of a Landroval main.   Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:20 pm

SB is a great group of people. I'm very pleased to have my hobbit as a part of it. I was making some special effort to be online for Shirefest last weekend; I'm glad I did, it's a fun collection of individuals. I have to assume that there are some Breakfasters that also Elf it up in QN.

I'm light on roleplay and heavy on lore. For this character, I'd like to be able to find folks for fellowing and enjoying the social components of LOTRO... but from a lore PoV, I can only imagine her in an all-Elf kin. To that end, QN seems like a pretty ideal option. Checking out information on Elf-kins, regardless of server, the options out there can be pretty limiting because of RP issues. Either because I'm not the correct kind of Elf, or my general wariness toward oath-taking (because I've seen some pretty messed-up things happen through the ages due to oaths)... it's tricky to find that mix of a laid-back group that's also dedicated to the elder-children.

I'm staying in the same little pocket of the greater Phoenix area. I've been renting a small house for a few years, but the owner wants to sell the property so I'm looking at apartments. One of the issues is that I've had extra space to collect and store stuff; now I have to figure out what to do with the things that won't fit.
Back to top Go down
Sevonis
Ohtar (0-49 posts)
Ohtar (0-49 posts)

PostSubject: Re: Scion of a Landroval main.   Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:37 pm

Now that can be a nightmare. But I totaly understand that position. Mini storages arent to bad to deal with. Hope you get things worked out Smile

As far as RP is concerned their are several that enjoy it in this kin but it can be a back and forth thing. Im sure once you get settled in and chat in rp or lore you will find your nitch. Have you checked out the Qn Discord yet? SB and Qn are on their. oh and i seen your hobbit at shirefest just didnt know it was you. I was wondering who that was lol.

As far as lore goes I picked up this book called Atlas of Middle Earth revised edition. Im learning alot and recommend it to anyone interested in Elven lore.

Sevonis

Back to top Go down
Enelyë
Ohtar (0-49 posts)
Ohtar (0-49 posts)

Lore Master Craft Mastery : Westfold Explorer

PostSubject: Re: Scion of a Landroval main.   Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:35 pm

Oh hi, I believe I may come in and piggy back off of this thread since I'm surrounded by some familiar names.

Some of you may know me as Rosalie in Second Breakfast. I'm the evil mastermind behind events like Shirefest. Having a band associated with your kin there for the last few years has been such a treat and I've loved getting to know some members. I spoke with Sevonis today and believe it may be time to do something I've considered for quite a while...bring in my long-neglected elven lore-master, Enelyë.

I haven't done much elven RP. When I say I haven't done much, the truth is that I haven't done any. To tell a little more truth, I don't know if I'll really actively pursue any but it's nice to be around it. It would also be a great chance to bring an old Firefoot friend--my second character in fact--back from the Undying Lands. Eight years is far too long to keep such a lovely elf of the shelf, so to speak.

I don't know if I'll be in the game this weekend but I'll try and track an officer down next week to see if you'll take the forlorn "cousin" of a notorious hobbit (don't worry, I don't have a lore-shattering family tree, just a habit of using the old Second Breakfast term for an alt...it's hard to knock the hobbit out of me). Thanks for your time!
Back to top Go down
Sevonis
Ohtar (0-49 posts)
Ohtar (0-49 posts)

PostSubject: Re: Scion of a Landroval main.   Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:05 pm

Welcome Rosalie Smile Happy to see you bringing in an Elf Smile Looking forward to seeing you in game.

Sevonis
Back to top Go down
Ivonwen
Ohtar (0-49 posts)
Ohtar (0-49 posts)

PostSubject: Re: Scion of a Landroval main.   Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:14 pm

Enelyë wrote:
I'm the evil mastermind behind events like Shirefest.

I even logged-in a few times during the lead up to make sure everything was going smoothly in Poetical. I was stressing out about connection/power issues on Saturday because I had a couple legs of MC duty and I really didn't want to make Rosalie disappointed that Sweetbriar was selected for the responsibility.

It was kind of an eventful weekend for her too, never addressing such a crowd before. It was her big Crickhollow debut in a way.

Sevonis wrote:
As far as lore goes I picked up this book called Atlas of Middle Earth revised edition. Im learning alot and recommend it to anyone interested in Elven lore.

I love "Atlas of Middle-earth." It's especially helpful for older elves who roamed the ancient lands. I made photocopies of the maps of Beleriand and I was going to chart Ivonwen's course like an Indiana Jones movie or something, but I've found that using a timeline has been a lot more useful for tracking her movement through the ages.

The nice thing about Sweetbriar is that she's 26-27 through the main events of LOTRO. You can fill out a backstory a lot quicker than an elf who's old enough to remember the destruction of the Trees. There are some 200-300 year gaps that are full of possibilities, but low on actual development.
I suppose that's one of the challenges of roleplaying an elf. I find that I discover a lot about the characters by playing LOTRO and interacting with the environment, but the relative time remaining is so brief compared to the time we've already had. I want to have as complete of a backstory as possible in order to play... but playing is a good way to help complete parts of the backstory.

Last edited by Ivonwen on Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nimrielen
Aran (Leader/Moderator)
Aran (Leader/Moderator)

Hunter Craft Mastery : Woodsman: Forester, Woodworker, and Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Scion of a Landroval main.   Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:29 pm

Suilad and welcome to the QN forums Ivonwen and Enelyë! I've given you both Alliance access to these forums. If you chose to move your Elves into QN at some point, I'll give you full kinship access at that time! Glad to have new friends join us here!

Nim
Back to top Go down
http://www.riansart.deviantart.com
Ivonwen
Ohtar (0-49 posts)
Ohtar (0-49 posts)

PostSubject: Re: Scion of a Landroval main.   Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:24 pm

Thanks so much! It's nice to get a sample of the pace early on. I want to get online more this week to earn some summer cosmetics that are cherished parts of my Landy wardrobe. My overall participation is probably going to be a bit spotty until the end of July, so I'll defer to your judgement about when to bring her into the fold. Message boards offer a nice time-flexibility, but it seems like in-game is the place to be.

Sevonis wrote:
Have you checked out the Qn Discord yet?
Is there a link for the Discord that I haven't seen yet? I previously haven't made use of SB's either, just relying on Kin-chat, but now it seems like it'd be a good way to keep track of both groups while gaming.
Back to top Go down
Nimrielen
Aran (Leader/Moderator)
Aran (Leader/Moderator)

Hunter Craft Mastery : Woodsman: Forester, Woodworker, and Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Scion of a Landroval main.   Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:01 am

My play time is spotty too most of the time due to RL. You just tell me when you'd like in and myself or an Officer will invite you. As long as you're online at least once a month, then you'll have fulfilled QuendeNosse's activity requirements for membership and you'll be given Member's access to this forums as I said before. I just recently joined the QN Discord so am still trying to work that out. But another member, possibly Sevonis could send you an invite to the QN Discord.

Back to top Go down
http://www.riansart.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scion of a Landroval main.   

Back to top Go down

Scion of a Landroval main.
Page 1 of 1