QuendeNosse
When registering for this forum, please use your LOTRO QuendeNosse Elf character name as your log in username. Contact admin@quendenosse.com with any questions.

HomeHome  mainmain  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New QuendeNosse Family Tree graphics are here Take a look and leave ideas for you own family tree!
QuendeNosse is now on Crickhollow Server!

Every Monday and Friday night around 9pm Server time (on Crickhollow), Second Breakfast kin hosts a music and dance party open to all Free-peoples of Middle-earth! Monday nights they play at the Bird & Baby in Michel Delving and on Friday nights they play at the Prancing Pony in Bree! Several bands (including our own Imladris Sunset) play regular sets. Come join the fun, dance, clap, cheer, enjoy a drink and revel in the lovely music! For more specific information, please see Durgil Annestel!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 31 on Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:27 pm
Latest topics
» Returning to LOTRO
Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:29 pm by Nimrielen

» Edo's Writing Website.
Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:38 am by Edorenel

» Standing Stone looking to add High Elves
Mon May 29, 2017 2:18 am by Amarniel

» Thank you for the great community!
Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:17 pm by Nimrielen

» Current Issues on Crickhollow
Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:42 pm by Ellewar

» Merry Christmas
Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:02 pm by Vanmoriela

» LOTRO no longer with Turbine
Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:06 am by Bellcaunion

» I've been away for a long while...
Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:20 am by Gilgariel

» Looking to rejoin?
Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:24 pm by Rochwyyn

Most Viewed Topics
Forum Access Request Info
Epic LOTR movie quotes.
QuendeNosse Recruitment Info
How lord of the rings should have ended
Server symbol doesn't work
2014 Dragon Slayer Awards: Cast your Vote before Sept. 1
Deticated to our Kin!!!
lotro parody: 4 tanks and a healer :D
Gandalf style!
Have you played...?
August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Have you played...?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Have you played...?   Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:00 pm

Have any of you played Dungeons and Dragons online? It's really fun, and it' s made by Turbine, just like Lotro. In some ways, they're really alike, but they are very different in others.

I would recommend it to all of you, even if you don't have a clue about what Dungeons and Dragons is Very Happy

Also, on a side note, if any of you decide to play, I'm on the Argonnessen server Smile
Back to top Go down
Gelwaver Arqueni
Rochben (150-299 posts)
Rochben (150-299 posts)

Hunter Craft Mastery : Woodsman

PostSubject: Re: Have you played...?   Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:48 pm

I played it before lotro. I think i have a character on that server too.
Now to remember what it was i was doing in that game...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you played...?   Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:14 pm

Well, I'm really enjoying its somewhat different format, but I hate that your health doesn't increase unless you're in a town.

I think it's a little funny that I'm a level two rank two, and that's the equivalent of level seven in lotro.

Also, the intro quests are really fun (that's about all I've gotten to)
If you remember your character name, gel, we could quest or something.

Anyway:
My characters are
Licet Nightingale (paladin)
Reqquiem Nightshade (rogue)

It's really cool to pick alignments, because you can't do that in lotro. For those of you who aren't familiar with Dungeons and Dragons, alignments are kind of like personalities. They go like this

Lawful good Neutral good Chaotic good

Lawful Neutral True Neutral Chaotic Neutral

Lawful Evil Neutral Evil Chaotic Evil

And the characters are very customizable. There are a lot more instances than lotro, too, which is fun.
Back to top Go down
Gelwaver Arqueni
Rochben (150-299 posts)
Rochben (150-299 posts)

Hunter Craft Mastery : Woodsman

PostSubject: Re: Have you played...?   Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:37 am

I have added both your chars to my friends list.
My character on that server is a lvl 5 paladin Named Shurtagal Dragonsbane.
It has been ages since i have played him though. My best char is a cleric on the Ghallanda server. and i have nvr figured out the crafting in D&D. I did the intro quests for it buy nvr got any farther.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you played...?   Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:25 pm

I didn`t play it because i have a low system, i`m glad that i can tun LOTRO lol. But Dod seems interesting, it has a hack and slash style?
Back to top Go down
Durgil
Káno (300-649 posts)
Káno (300-649 posts)

Rune-Keeper Craft Mastery : Scholar

PostSubject: Re: Have you played...?   Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:00 pm

Eva, I played DDO for about 3 years before lotro Very Happy I played on a few different servers though not on Argo. I liked DDO a lot too, for several reasons:

--Character skill customization is 100x what we can do in LotRO. You can develop many different ways to build a character within a single class, or you can multi-class with even more possibilities.

--The physical combat is more like RL fighting, with bonuses for flanking, sneak attack, positioning, and the rules around armor class and to-hit bonuses are much clearer. Spell casting is also very clear, and very much in the traditional D&D model of spell casting.

As a result you can take down some pretty big mobs with skillful combat technique or spell casting, even if they are much stronger. Or you can get very quickly get your head removed Wink I liked the fact that combat was sometimes more than standing in one place and clicking skill buttons, you pay attention to more tactical factors in a difficult fight.

I eventually left some very good friends in DDO though to play LotRO because of a basic difference in the games that fits my lifestyle better.

There are not very many PvE environments in DDO, at least when I played, and for most of them there are one-time achievements that you can earn there. So most of the game play is in quests. The time required in quests is often long as you level up, so entering a quest with a pug or guildmates is often a 2+ hour time commitment. And there is a culture of doing quests at or near level in DDO (because there is no xp if you don't) so at higher levels if one member of a group drops it often makes it much more difficult for the remaining team.

The dedicated time commitment is the part that is tough for me. When my job suddenly got super busy for 18 months I couldn't commit to long quests any more. Now I often play for that long in lotro, but my play is sometimes interrupted with children waking up, work, or sudden onsets of sleep Smile
Other reasons have kept me in lotro too: the immersive Tolkien environment, the huge expanse of Middle Earth to explore at my leisure.
The thing that most keeps me here though is the other players Smile Being in a good kinship is key, for me, because being with other players really makes the game come alive for me, and introduces me to some very interesting elves!

Anyway, I agree that it's a fun game, and it's interesting to see the differences from lotro. I only play occasionally now with my sons, but if I do again I'll roll a character on Argonesson Wink
Back to top Go down
Pederer
Maethor (50-149 posts)
Maethor (50-149 posts)

Hunter Craft Mastery : Master eastemnet Jeweler

PostSubject: Re: Have you played...?   Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:31 am

soooo 24 hours without LOTRO. i think i will give DDO a chance till servers are up again Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://pederer.deviantart.com/
Durgil
Káno (300-649 posts)
Káno (300-649 posts)

Rune-Keeper Craft Mastery : Scholar

PostSubject: Re: Have you played...?   Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:34 pm

No, DDO is Turbine too, and all Turbine servers are down for maintenance! affraid

Good time to read a book, go for a hike, or bake Pies, I think. Wink
Back to top Go down
Pederer
Maethor (50-149 posts)
Maethor (50-149 posts)

Hunter Craft Mastery : Master eastemnet Jeweler

PostSubject: Re: Have you played...?   Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:13 pm

yeah book is good or affraid i learn lol!
Back to top Go down
http://pederer.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: Have you played...?   Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:54 pm

Nope. I play real D&D. You know, with the dice and all that lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have you played...?   

Back to top Go down

Have you played...?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1