QuendeNosse
When registering for this forum, please use your LOTRO QuendeNosse Elf character name as your log in username. Contact admin@quendenosse.com with any questions.

HomeHome  mainmain  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New QuendeNosse Family Tree graphics are here Take a look and leave ideas for you own family tree!
QuendeNosse is now on Crickhollow Server!

Every Monday and Friday night around 9pm Server time (on Crickhollow), Second Breakfast kin hosts a music and dance party open to all Free-peoples of Middle-earth! Monday nights they play at the Bird & Baby in Michel Delving and on Friday nights they play at the Prancing Pony in Bree! Several bands (including our own Imladris Sunset) play regular sets. Come join the fun, dance, clap, cheer, enjoy a drink and revel in the lovely music! For more specific information, please see Durgil Annestel!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 31 on Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:27 pm
Latest topics
» Returning to LOTRO
Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:29 pm by Nimrielen

» Edo's Writing Website.
Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:38 am by Edorenel

» Standing Stone looking to add High Elves
Mon May 29, 2017 2:18 am by Amarniel

» Thank you for the great community!
Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:17 pm by Nimrielen

» Current Issues on Crickhollow
Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:42 pm by Ellewar

» Merry Christmas
Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:02 pm by Vanmoriela

» LOTRO no longer with Turbine
Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:06 am by Bellcaunion

» I've been away for a long while...
Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:20 am by Gilgariel

» Looking to rejoin?
Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:24 pm by Rochwyyn

Most Viewed Topics
Forum Access Request Info
Epic LOTR movie quotes.
QuendeNosse Recruitment Info
How lord of the rings should have ended
Server symbol doesn't work
2014 Dragon Slayer Awards: Cast your Vote before Sept. 1
Deticated to our Kin!!!
lotro parody: 4 tanks and a healer :D
Gandalf style!
Have you played...?
June 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Standing Stone looking to add High Elves

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bellcaunion
Maethor (50-149 posts)
Maethor (50-149 posts)

Champion Craft Mastery : Guilded Weaponsmith

PostSubject: Standing Stone looking to add High Elves   Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:09 am

So in an article on Massively OP it says
Quote :
You've stated that you're working on expansions for both DDO and LOTRO. Are there any new features or classes planned for them on top of more quests and regions?

Rob Ciccolini: Yes. For [LOTRO's] Mordor expansion, we are looking at the High Elf as a new playable race, and we are adding a system that allows players to pledge their sword to Men, Elves, Dwarves, or Hobbits in their battle against Mordor.

http://massivelyop.com/2017/01/20/massively-op-interview-standing-stone-on-lotro-ddo-and-daybreak/
Back to top Go down
Amarniel
Maethor (50-149 posts)
Maethor (50-149 posts)

Hunter Craft Mastery : Scholar

PostSubject: Re: Standing Stone looking to add High Elves   Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:02 am

What? Another race? o.O Can only imagine how much that thing is going to cost... and Mordor... *starts saving LP even though is aware that she'll never ever afford it*

Thanks for informing us Bell:)
Back to top Go down
Bellcaunion
Maethor (50-149 posts)
Maethor (50-149 posts)

PostSubject: Re: Standing Stone looking to add High Elves   Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:14 pm

I'm very interested in seeing how they work and how they look. What would you like to see as the differences from current elves?
Back to top Go down
Amarniel
Maethor (50-149 posts)
Maethor (50-149 posts)

PostSubject: Re: Standing Stone looking to add High Elves   Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:55 pm

Hmm, I'm not sure. I mean, I know very little about the lore behind the High Elves. Only know that they can see the Nazguls - like really see them and that they have the power to fight them.
So I really don't know what to expect. Maybe these High Elves don't feel dread? Have more power? I truly cannot say. I men, they have to be somehow different than the current elves, so naturally they would be more powerful.
Back to top Go down
Turvellin
Ohtar (0-49 posts)
Ohtar (0-49 posts)

Hunter Craft Mastery : Yeoman [Cook/Farmer]

PostSubject: Re: Standing Stone looking to add High Elves   Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:01 am

A really good theory Amar Smile
I can't wait for that Race Smile
But more importantly... Will we be able to enter QN with our High Elf alts?
Back to top Go down
Bellcaunion
Maethor (50-149 posts)
Maethor (50-149 posts)

PostSubject: Re: Standing Stone looking to add High Elves   Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:28 pm

I don't see why we couldn't. High elves are still elves.
Back to top Go down
Edorenel
Ohtar (0-49 posts)
Ohtar (0-49 posts)

Hunter Craft Mastery : Explorer

PostSubject: Re: Standing Stone looking to add High Elves   Wed May 24, 2017 3:14 am

Hm~ I don't know how I feel about this addition--I feel 50/50 on it. I mean, I love elves with a passion. I cannot express that feeling. But in my mind and heart (and being a fan of Tolkien), I really hope the game doesn't end up adding (and I exaggerate this number) 293,7429,347 different elf races.  Neutral If they do High Elves, I suppose that's okay...because the Noldors are higher up in the tier of elves compared to Silvans or "Wood Elves". My only worry/concern is they'll get carried away adding various elven races...like Blood Elves or Night Elves. I hope they'll stick with only the elves J.R.R. Tolkien himself wrote and brought into existence, and refrain from adding other elven races in order to become like other popular games that have various elven races.
Back to top Go down
https://acornucopiaofliteratures.blogspot.com
Bellcaunion
Maethor (50-149 posts)
Maethor (50-149 posts)

PostSubject: Re: Standing Stone looking to add High Elves   Wed May 24, 2017 11:27 pm

I don't think it would ever get to that point. They have to stay within the lore to a certain extent. If it's not in any of the books I don't see them adding it.
Back to top Go down
Edorenel
Ohtar (0-49 posts)
Ohtar (0-49 posts)

Hunter Craft Mastery : Explorer

PostSubject: Re: Standing Stone looking to add High Elves   Wed May 24, 2017 11:32 pm

Yeah. Agreed. I feel and think the same, too. Just keep to the books, guys, and this little Edo will be happy. Very Happy Hee, hee! bounce
Back to top Go down
https://acornucopiaofliteratures.blogspot.com
Nimrielen
Aran (Leader/Moderator)
Aran (Leader/Moderator)

Hunter Craft Mastery : Woodsman: Forester, Woodworker, and Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Standing Stone looking to add High Elves   Thu May 25, 2017 12:29 am

If High Elves as a separate race is added, then QN will of course accept them since they're still Elves. Only problem I foresee is High Elves not wanting to join because at this point the rest of us Elves are not good enough company (but maybe this will only apply to those who want to RP that difference hard-core). Either way, Nim will accept High Elves (and will probably have a High Elf alt in the kin anyways) Wink

Nim
Back to top Go down
http://www.riansart.deviantart.com
Bellcaunion
Maethor (50-149 posts)
Maethor (50-149 posts)

PostSubject: Re: Standing Stone looking to add High Elves   Thu May 25, 2017 6:25 pm

Yeah I will definitely be saving up my LP for the High Elf and I would never look down on the other elves. My main is a normal elf after all. I just really want to see what they look like.
Back to top Go down
Amarniel
Maethor (50-149 posts)
Maethor (50-149 posts)

PostSubject: Re: Standing Stone looking to add High Elves   Mon May 29, 2017 2:18 am

I'm planning on making two Very Happy one for a team and one solo. I am just nervous about classes... I hope they will come with their own class - like beornings. Otherwise I would have to make another 5 or 6 alts to have all classes with that race... and I already have too many alts. Besides, that would really throw the current elves into shade as they would probably be stronger. So I am thinking and hoping that they will have separate classes.
Also, from what I can remember SSG stated that they will be adding some new hairstyles and so for the current classes which is great ^_^ looking forward to it.
I understand that Mordor and high elves should come out this summer?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Standing Stone looking to add High Elves   

Back to top Go down

Standing Stone looking to add High Elves
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1